A Sydney Dad and Skateboarder... 🛹
Connecting with our fans and friends is what gets us out of bed here at East Forged HQ. We feel deeply honoured for all the support we’ve received and love being part of your shake, pssssch, POUR moments!
We’ve met so many fascinating, inspiring and interesting people along the way and wanted to share some of their stories with you…
This month we meet Jon Bullock or @rad_dad_jon as he’s known on Instagram:
1. So Jon, are you a rad dad?
Haha, well I’d like to think I am! I’m sure from the outside I look like a dork, drinking NA beers and riding an old school skateboard with a helmet on. I’ll get back to with a solid answer when my son is a teenager in 2031!
2. We love how you share your behind the scenes of doing something you love, 'attempting to skate'. We are curious to know what skateboarding means to you?
As a kid I really got into skateboarding, it was something I did every single day! By the end of year 12 I had a stack, well a pretty bad one, a double compound fracture that required pins and plates in my right arm. Ever since then it has been a very on and off thing. After giving up the grog, I wanted to get more active and looking back through the archives I remembered how much I enjoyed skating. It’s been a great way to keep fit, relearn some old tricks and connect with some old mates. I’ve also found another sub culture of NA beer drinking skaters as well 😂
3. We have heard you know a bit about tea and you make your own cold brew tea. What is your favourite tea and what time of day do you drink tea?
I’m not too big on overly sweet teas, sometimes a strong black tea will do the trick. 2 personal favourites right now are Green tea with a generous squeeze/wedge of lemon. And in a poor attempt of cutting down coffee, I’ve really been enjoying roasted dandelion tea as well! I’m a tea in the afternoon kind of guy, plus something light, herbal to wind down before bed.
4. You're invited to a party, you can only take one of the East Forged crew with you (Mico🐵 Stay Wondrous | Notsu🐷 Live Connected | Saka😼 Forge an independent life) with you. Who would you take and why?
Tough question, I am going to have to say Mico. I love that Black Tea and Yuzu combination, plus Mico looks like a monkey that can get the party started!
5. How would you describe our East Forged brews and when would you crack one open?
Recently I described East forged as ‘The most unique non alcoholic alternative in the Australian market, maybe the global market!’ The combination sounds mad, ‘nitro infused sparkling tea’ but it all makes a delicious drink. For me personally, I think they are a perfect mid morning / afternoon drink on our sunny balcony, especially the Black Tea and Yuzu!