We think our cheeky monkey, MICO, star of East Forged's Black Tea & Yuzu deserves his own blog post after returning from the DB & SB Autumn Blind Tasting competition, run by UK-based publications The Drinks Business and The Spirits Business with a gold medal.
What does our East Forged's Black Tea & Yuzu taste like? The panel of judges describe it as follows:
- sweet black tea with a hint of citrus. Smells exactly as I would expect
- the tea fades out quite quickly with no note to pick up but very refreshing
- black tea, grapefruit peel
- black tea, bitter and earthy but with good balance, late citrus/yuzu
This particular flavour also has a particularly fond place in the hearts of both founders. Here are 3 extra reasons to try this nitro-tea!
- The Australian-grown black tea we use in our East Forged tea brews is locally produced in FNQ (Far North Queensland for anyone not in the know). This region is Tania's childhood stomping ground
- Kym is a monkey in the Chinese horoscope
- Mico means monkey in Catalan and was named by an early competition winner and friend to East Forged, Vince L.
We are super proud of our little MICO punching above his weight in the UK Drinks Business & Spirits Business Autumn Blind Tasting low-/ and no alcohol category!
Being recognised for a black tea that we intentionally selected to capture the terroir and delightful FNQ characteristics makes us very happy. Tea specialists at our core, Tania and I are always looking to bring new and modern occasions for our favourite plant in the world ~ TEA!
Try our Gold medal winning Australian-grown Black Tea & Yuzu today!